The History of Weld County Garage Buick GMC
In 1901, D.R. McArthur established Weld County Garage Buick GMC selling buggies and shoeing horses for the then dirt roads of Greeley Colorado. In 1908, Weld County Garage Buick GMC entered the car business under the name of Weld County Automobile Company and became the first Buick dealership west of the Mississippi selling Buick’s most popular vehicle the Model 10. General Motors (GM) was founded on September 16, 1908 as a holding company for Buick, and on that date Weld County Automobile Company became a GM dealer. At this time Weld County Automobile Company was also selling Cadillac models. It is not currently known when the dealership stopped selling Cadillacs. In 1908, GM purchased the Reliance Motor Truck Company and the Rapid Motor Vehicle Company. These two were merged to create GMC Trucks in 1912 and Weld County Automobile Company was in the truck business. In 1914, the Weld County Automobile Company changed back to the original name of Weld County Garage Buick GMC. Weld County Garage Buick GMC began selling Pontiacs in 1926 when that brand was introduced into the GM fold.
Weld County Garage Buick GMC Today
Weld County Garage Buick GMC has grown to become one of the largest Buick and GMC dealerships in the Nation. With over 150 employees and four locations, Weld County Garage Buick GMC serves our community’s vehicle needs in every way. Weld County Garage Buick GMC has also delivered new and used vehicles to every state in the Nation and is excited to be celebrating over 105 years in business.