The History of Weld County Garage, Inc.
In 1901, D.R. McArthur established Weld County Garage, Inc. selling buggies and shoeing horses for the then dirt roads of Greeley Colorado. In 1908, Weld County Garage, Inc. entered the car business under the name of Weld County Automobile Company and became the first Buick dealership west of the Mississippi selling Buick’s most popular vehicle the Model 10. General Motors (GM) was founded on September 16, 1908 as a holding company for Buick, and on that date Weld County Automobile Company became a GM dealer. At this time Weld County Automobile Company was also selling Cadillac models. It is not currently known when then dealership stopped selling Cadillacs. In 1908, GM purchased the Reliance Motor Truck Company and the Rapid Motor Vehicle Company. These two were merged to create GMC Trucks in 1912 and Weld County Automobile Company was in the truck business. In 1914, the Weld County Automobile Company changed back to the original name of Weld County Garage, Inc.. Weld County Garage, Inc. began selling Pontiacs in 1926 when that brand was introduced into the GM fold.
- Thanksgiving DayClosed
- Christmas DayClosed
- New Year's DayClosed
- Mon - Sat8:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Weld County Garage, Inc. Today
Weld County Garage, Inc. has grown to become one of the largest Buick and GMC dealerships in the Nation. With over 150 employees and four locations, Weld County Garage, Inc. serves our community’s vehicle needs in every way. Weld County Garage, Inc. has also delivered new and used vehicles to every state in the Nation and is excited to be celebrating over 105 years in business.